The Scientific Committee on Epidemiology in Occupational Health (EPICOH) of the ICOH has as its main function, promotion of communication among epidemiologists, industrial hygienists, and other occupational health scientists worldwide. EPICOH provides a forum for the discussion of problems unique to the study of health and work. With membership open to occupational epidemiologists and other scientists worldwide, EPICOH provides a variety of forums for discussions, critical reviews, collaborations and education on issues of occupational exposures and their human health effects.
To foster the study of health and work, EPICOH encourages and supports the following:
- Epidemiological studies on the health effects of occupational exposures
- Communication among epidemiologists, industrial hygienists, toxicologists, exposure analysts, and other occupational health scientists worldwide.
- Innovative approaches to substantive or methodological problems and applications of occupational epidemiology
- The use of occupational epidemiology to inform public policy
- Involvement of scientists from lower middle income countries (LMIC) in EPICOH activities, reduced dues for members from LMIC and establishment of regional EPICOH chapters throughout the world.
- Recognition, acknowledgement and facilitation of the role of early career researchers.